Thursday, September 1, 2011

It came from outer space

My wife killed a spider on our porch the other day and she was a little put out that I wasn't impressed by its size when I scooped it up to put it in the bin (it was shrivelled up in a little ball by then). Luckily our security camera had been running earlier that morning and had managed to get a shot of it while it was still alive. No wonder she used a whole can of Raid on it! Seriously though, tarantulas are not only scary, they're freaky as well. Did you know that a tarantula can regenerate a lost leg? Or that they have retractable claws on each leg, just like a cat? Or that female tarantulas can live as long as 30 years in the wild? Wow! I'll try and remember how amazing they are next time there's one crawling up my pants leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment