Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's great to celebrate

On my latest trip to the States, I learned what a big deal graduating from Highschool is there. Never mind University; the caps and gowns come out in the last year of Highschool, with all the pomp and speechifying of a full degree ceremony. Quite a sight to see all those mortar boards tossed skyward. The bare legs were allowed on this occasion due to the oppressive humidity, but I was glad to vacate the metal grandstand when an ominous thunderstorm began to rumble in the distance. I seem to recall the end of Year 12 at my Highschool was celebrated by acting up and wagging it for most of the last week. I think the Yanks have it right on this occasion. Certainly far more memorable anyway. Okay, back to the books .....

No comments:

Post a Comment